GP to Cape and back...anticlockwise around SA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Duck

Race Dog
Reaction score
No fixed address...Travelling Southern Africa in a
Hi,

I've wanted to get my 990R's snatchy throttle smoothed out since I bought this bike new in Jan 2010...I've now found the right man to do the job so I'm making this happen!
For the past year I've been hanging around in Gauteng waiting for my fiance to finish up her work (so that we can move to Underberg permanently in Dec) and decided now's an ideal time to ride down to Wrench's place (Julian at Superbike Solutions) in Somerset West. I will leave this Wed (8th Oct).

Attached is my provisional roughish plan on MapSource (I've had to cut the file into two because it was larger than 500KB, below is GP to Cape leg...please see following post for Cape to GP leg) - I'll be tweaking it to include more gravel roads. I have no real time schedule as Julian said he can fit my bike in anytime, but want to be back in GP in the last week of this month (Oct).

So I'll set off along this route and see what I see, stop to smell the roses, and stay over when I feel I've done enough riding for the day.
Along the route (specifically Langebaan and PE) I have made plans to visit old friends.
At De Vlught my in-laws have a cottage and in Underberg I have my home.
As for the other places I will find accommodation as and where required - I'm travelling light, just me, my credit card and a small bag for a few socks and jocks   ;)

So...if any of you good folk along this route see a 990R with a NUD (Natal Underberg) registration that'll be me, give me a wave   :biggrin:
If the cape guys and girls have anything planned, like your famous sushi lunches, etc. then give me a call on 082 eightzerotwo 5191 and I'll try plan to join you!

Cheers
Wayne

Attachments

• Around SA - GP to cape.gdb
    241.6 KB · Views: 33