Greetings from an aspirant DS rider in Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RickAf

Hi Everyone

I am an aspiring adventure rider from Fish Hoek in Cape Town, unfortunately my aspiring participation is having to come to an end, for now, after it has hardly even started.

I bought my Triumph Tiger Explorer 2013 model (late in 2012) with the intention to get into Adventure riding - prompted by a couple of colleagues who are both involved in the sport. I was hoping to have been able to set the bike up with panniers / boxes / DS tyres and gear by now, unfortunately however the cost of "failing to plan" has caught up with me in a big way.

I was stupid enough, not to have made provisions for Tertiary education for my son who started University last year. The cost of University fees, materials, equipment, books, transport etc, in addition to increases in the cost of living, increased fuel costs, interest rates etc has destroyed my monthly budget. So never mind not being able to get the gear I wanted, even worse I am at the point where I am forced to have to sell my bike to reduce my monthly expenses, at this point in time the R3500 per month i'm currently paying on the bike and insurance will be better spent in servicing other expenses.

I will rejoin you lucky bikers as soon as I can afford to get another bike (probably in 3 years when he has finished studying). For now I will be a lurker, and watch enviously from the sidelines.

Anyone know of someone looking for a Triumph Tiger Explorer? It is in immaculate condition and has hardly been ridden, it has only 3837Km on the clock.
I'm not sure about the protocol of advertising on the forum as a new member, dont want to upset anyone.

Hope to see you all soon
Rick :'(