Had to rescue a BM Rider this morning on Otto Du Plessis..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Jupiter's nerves will be "gevok" after reading this..  :imaposer:

My daily commute is pretty trecherous along Otto Du Plessis every morning anywhere between 7:30 and 8:00 every day.. Thir morning, a chappie on a 30 year Anniversery edition White etc BMW 1200 GS Adventure is just in front of me as we splitting. Just past the Dolphin Beach T junction Robot, almost exactly where I had to help the Mike Hopkins Kawa Mechanic a year or two back, this poppie in a WIRTH Company car does a lane change from right to left hand lane, no indicator at all.  :dousing:

Poor chap saw it happen, but had a bit of stage fright, and did manage to grab the brakes and swerve slightly, but stopped as he connected her right front wing, dislodging the bumper. He was so verskrik the bike donnered over to it's left and he sort of pirroetted off it.. was pretty funny.. But DEAD middle of the road, killing both lanes.. Eish.. So I quickly chop left round the downed Hippo  :drif:, and park in yellow lines.. Jump of, and the poor dude still asks me if I wouldn't mind helping him pick up the bbig 1200.. shame.. he was  little adrenalized and panting..

So I picked it up, clutch in, get neutral, and push it to the side, he's still standing next to the woman's car, and I hear her say something like she never saw him and she's sorry etc, and he goes no problem, in fact, it's ok, the bikes fine, don't worry..  :eek7:  :imaposer:. I get it onto the sidestand, check out the crash bars, they got paint scratches really. it was a little dop-over.. But she said no she's gotto do the right stuff as it's a Company car etc..

Annnyway, he had calmed down to deep breathing, said thanks very much, shook hands, he was really cool, and very pleasant. Seemed all was ok, and the traffic was on it's way within 5 minutes. Told him I'm hopefully getting a 1200 GSA in the next few weeks, had a quick purve at his nice machine, and got back on the Tenere', and off to work. Hope all is ok with him and the lady.

Good deed for the month done, and my 4th rescue\assistance on Otto Du Plessis..  :thumleft:

Alan