Hall sensor/Lamda sensor idling & running issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lem

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi guys

My 2003 Twinspark 1150 GSA is running erratically.

I have searched about the topic, but there are just too many threads, I'm getting a bit deurmekaar.

Here are some pointers for the diagnosis:

Bike has been serviced with new plugs, fuel filter etc.
Both stick coils has been replaced
A throttle body sync was done about 1000km ago.
Alfie did say, upon tune-up,  that he didn't receive much feedback on the laptop from the Hall sensor?

BUT!

On constant throttle the bike keeps surging. I can feel it losing power...then suddenly it jumps into action again without any twist of the throttle.  When cruising open road, the first 40minutes or so it runs smoothly. Then the rev counter starts to have slight "tic toc" from side to side.

When approaching a stop it would some times idle normally, then the next moment wants to vrek, it has cut out twice.

The surging problem is much worse when I'm riding a bumpy road. It runs as if there are shorting/pinching wires.

I just need to start somewhere, before I replace certain expensive parts unnecessarily.

It currently has standard CAT & exhaust, but I believe this wasn't the case with previous ownership. I believe there was a time it was running a y-piece & Remus.

If it's pointing towards a Hall sensor & Lamda, can these items be repaired, or alternatively replaced?

Over to the gurus.  :thumleft: