Hallo… and good bye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moloko

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Hallo all the bike people.

Well, i basically set up a profile on Wild Dog for our imminent ride report from our Southern and East Africa road trip... starting tomorrow. Yup, we'll be riding through SA, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, (Tanzania if time permits), through Mozambique and back to Cape Town.

Few months planning and now I’m sitting here, last day in the office, counting down seconds to my first 'into Africa' trip.

Big up to Rudi (Tour), Mike and Andy660 for helping me revitalise my SuperTen 1994. The complete rebuild (yes people, from frame back to a trans continental machine) features new brake discs and pads, back rim, chain and sprockets, handle bars and raisers, mirrors, indicators, frame spray job, front springs and fully serviced suspension system. Furthermore, valves was set, carburettor timed, foot pegs widened, luggage rack made and installed, suspension and springs adjusted, steering stiffened, brakes callipers serviced, new engine oil (which came with a new sump plug... over torque  :-[) and i gained some in depth mechanical knowledge to assist me in my touring options.

I’m sure I’ve left out some serious add-ons/modifications... i just cant remember everything that happened during the last 8 months of rebuild (due to late night grafting combined with VAT69).

So if you're driving along the N7 between Cape Town and Windhoek this weekend and notice a apple red super tenere and a blue africa twin, its Tour and I taking to the bush (good bush, not bad bush.... all kinds of bush??!!)

Cheers

Moloko

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0956.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0956.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 251