Hearing Aid Lost - R1000 reward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendaButtercup

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
On Saturday, while riding the Darling railway service road to Aurora, I lost my hearing aid.  Normally, it lives in a black case in my zipped jacket pocket, but when I got to the farm on the mountain above Aurora, the zip was open and the hearing-aid gone.

I remember putting the hearing aid on when we stopped for a coolie at the Fynbos Cafe in Hopefield, and I must have forgotten to zip the pocket when I put the hearing aid away on departure.  We rode straight over towards Bergrivier from there, and rode dirt all the way to Aurora, then up the mountain.

On Sunday, I rode back the way we came, on the RHS of the road, at 50km/hr, scanning for that little black leather case.  Left my details at the Hopefield police station and the Tourism Info office and the Fynbos Cafe.  I am putting an ad in the Weslander paper on the gumtree.  I will gladly pay a reward of R1000 to anybody who can return that device - being deaf sucks and the tinnitus is driving me over the edge.

Anybody have any other ideas that can help me retrieve this ridiculously expensive device?