Heidenau 150's K60 after 5500km

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhad

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I've done 5500km on the Heidenau K60's now.  I ride a 1100 GS and decided to equip to big guy with a new set before my 4000km trip from Somerset West, Bloemfontein, Naude's Nek, Grahamstown, Baviaans, Hartenbos, Somerset.  I did about 60% gravel and the rest tar and the speed was 110-130km/h  on gravel and 120-150km/h on tar.  Had my paniers and a fully loaded bike.  Had a pillion from P.E.

The first 1200km was a little unstable when going through the passes and I think the front tyre was to blame.  Tyre pressure front was 1.9 and rear was 2.4  On gravel I did not had ANY problems, grip was good and sand wasn't a problem.  Did a good stretch near Aliwal in heavy rain and the tyres handled it very good!  Went fully loaded with a pillion through Baviaans and the 1100 was very sure footed all the way.

I had a set of TKC's on my Namibie trip and the Heidenaus compared very well with the Continentals in terms of grip and confidence boosting....

But this is where the Heidenau's takes the lead: Price and mileage!!!!  This what my tyres look like after 5500km.  Ek het mooi gery en hulle nie deur die gat probeer trek nie.  I am very happy with the tyre and will definitely buy a second set.

Fitted my old TKC to finish it and will fit the Heidenau's for my next trip.....

dsc00568l.jpg

dsc00567h.jpg