Heidenau scout... and water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandvreter

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
HOLY CRAP!
Maybe my own fault, a bit cloudy out here at harties today and just went to grab my bike out the locker, Coming home I was doing a nice bit of twisties on the GS at a nice 130km an hour sedately enjoying the ride ...smelled some rain and suddenly on a mild turn there is some nice wet tar (just drizzled) the bike lost traction completely, was sliding seeing the freaking trees approaching, closed throttle got some grip and then skid again for about 4 seconds. straightened up and hit rear brakes full on... did jack squat nothing but activate abs. After getting all my bearings straight again I noticed that even slight acceleration in 5th produced wheel spin, and straight line braking on rear wheel did nothing but activate ABS.
Are they really so sh@t on wet weather or was I just unlucky? I have never had such a bad experience on any tyre in wet conditions. think there were some freaking huge amount of Gods looking after me on that one