Hello. New to this whole bike thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macburn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I've been lurking for a while, trying to get myself into a position where I can actually contribute to this site. Passed my learners day before yesterday as a 35 year old university post-grad. I emphasise this because I finished my test last and got the lowest mark out of a class of me and 15 school kids. Petrol has gone up and I can't get to the coast/dams/mountains to fish as often as I would like so I need to scale down (up?) to something that can get me to places my poor little bantam can't get me to with as little fuss and fuel as possible. So a 4X4 is out of the question. Just too expensive to buy and run. I also just like the idea of DSing and I drooled over the recent Baviaans ride. Also a good idea to get into my midlife crisis and buy a bike while I am still young enough to learn a few tricks. What's the saying about old (wild) dogs, hey? So that's my intro and I am damned excited about this whole thing. So is my 8 year old step-daughter. She can't wait for step-dad to get his proper licence so that he can lift her to school and back. In the market for a bike, but I will deal with that in the buying and selling section. This is a great forum for a beginner like me to learn a few things. I am very impressed. Cheers