Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahbaby

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have been posting for a while, but decided to "gooi an introduction" as advised by Knopkop (my mother used to call me that) to Duitsman.

So here we, I am  heterosexual (i.e. smaak to ride!!) with a fetish for lurking about on dirtroads, enjoy just taking the bike out and seeing where a dirtroad ends, these are as close as 3km away from my house. At the same time I have done some long distance trips with my tent and sleeping bag, camping where ever I have too - met Chico like that at Salt Rock. I have replaced old GPS with a much more Geocache friendly one and have really enjoyed the little Geocaching that I have done. Usually my son rides with me, he has done about 6k out of the 14k I have done on this bike. My previous bike was a KDX 250 grey import, he did about 3k on that.

I do not care much for brands, I believe that each bike excels in an area and if you do your homework you will be lucky enough to ride a bike suiting your level of riding and style for a season, hopefully you would be able grow to the next stage of your riding life using it.

I have a 2008 KTM 990(Oct), got it Oct 2009 with 15000km, slightly higher maintenance is required to ride the 'bitch' but you are always rewarded a good hard 'ride'. Quite honestly, if you like to tinker as I do, it doubles up as an awesome object to express this desire. I do my own services and have done the following on the bike:

Evoluzine Clutch slave. I had the clutch taking differently every so often, and while trouble shooting bought it, hoping it was problem, turns out the clutch basket's main nut was undoing itself (10min fix). Still a worthwhile mode, it has a nicer feel to it.
BMC Filter (came with bike, but had to replace it due to manufacture defect)
25mm Bar riser, not tall enough though, going to replace it with the adjustable ones.
Xenon low beam, a must, my dikwiel bicycle with a dynamo made more light than the standard light, going to do the hi beam as well (think of buying a car kit, anyone keen to share?)
Spotlight kit from BikeGear, did not like the look of them, replaced them with 110mm Car spots, they are adjusted between the hi beam and low beam, so the add good usable light - a worthwhile mod. I used the harness BikeGear supplied, it works lekker.
Scotts S/S oil filter. I change the oil about every 5k.
16 tooth front sprocket, a must if you running 140/80 rears. It wakes the bike up nicely, I have a 160/60 18 superbike tyre I sometimes use, I cannot wait to feel it with to 16t!!!!

Anyway I think I have overdone this intro, hope to meet up with other riders (I am in the Fourways area) and go Geocaching or whatever.

Pic:On our last trip to a farm near Collings Pass:

Vaughan

Attachments

• samll.jpg
    samll.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 54