HELP: 950 Suspension adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stof

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
:eek: :eek: Hi dawgs,

Yesterday I adjusted my suspension for the first time since I got the bike (3 weeks or so ago). I diligently followed the manual to set it to “Basic Setting”. Had some difficulty with the front compression damping setting (the one you set at the bottom of the fork).
Firstly, it was set to highest damping ratio – the lock to where you are supposed to turn before you turn 15 clicks. Why would the previous guy have set it to this? Plus, unlike all the other settings, this one did not have any real clicks. I therefore decided I would mimic the other settings by taking a 60 degree turn as one click. For 15 clicks, I therefore had to turn 900 degrees, or 10x quarter turns.

Nothing felt funny on a test ride, but: now the damping fluid is leaking through that area. I turned a quarter turn or so back, which sort of stopped it, but this morning at work I saw that the protective proppies sweated fluid, plus there is some splashing on the calliper/rim.
Has anyone had this problem? What to do what to do…