Help me build a Toolkit Please.....old XT 600

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Hi Gents.

I'm planning another trippie or 3 later this year, and I think the time has come for me to get a proper toolkit made up, also a field puncture repair kit....one can only throw that dice THAT many times, and the time WILL come that I would need to do some roadside repairs.
I'm not mevhanically inclined at all, but can make a plan I guess. I also dont want to carry a tonne of tools, I want something "bare basic but necessary" that I kan keep on the bike at ALL times. Must be VERY light and VERY basic.
I'm thinking of getting the following, PLEASE add/give advise where necessary. Questions in brackets, in Red.
Thanks a MILL Guys.

1) Spanners to take off front/rear wheels, modified to also act as tyre levers. (sommer get the spanner, and grind off and smoothen the other end to act as a tyre lever?)
2) Leatherman (would a LM's pliers be OK for basic repairs or do I need a "better" one?)
3) The usual cable ties, cement glue,insulation tape, cloth, piece of rope, duct tape, piece of canvas to work on, plastic gloves
4) Tyre Fix
5) Puncture repair kit (Here I need your advise.....ALL that is necessary for field puncture repairs...??)
6) Is a shifting spanner necessary?? It can also act as an extra tyre lever, or not?
7) ??
8) ??
9) ??
10) Etc etc etc??

BAIE DANKIE