Help with doo-hickey and handle-bar raisers in PE/E. Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macburn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi all

My bike is currenly sitting at Automotorcycles in PE (Govan Mbeki Ave.) for a service.

I am looking for someone trustworthy (!) to install an Eagle Mike doohickey and springs. Who in PE can do this for me? Unfortunately, I probably won't be there to watch or assist as I am in Grahamstown. Would Automotorcycles do this for me seeing as Kawasaki agents seem to deny the existence of the doohickey issue? I haven't asked them as yet.

Further, I would like to get my hands on some handle-bar raisers. This can be from anywhere in SA, but preferably PE. If, for example, I raise the handle-bars by 60mm, would it be necessary to lengthen cables etc. as well on a 2006 KLR?

Lastly, as I (and my neighbours) despise the roar of my Airage exhaust, does anybody have a good second-hand standard (original) exhaust for a 2006 KLR? What is the price of a new one? This can also be from anywhere in SA, but preferably PE.

Looking forward to your replies.