• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hepco & Becker 37litre Pannier set - Gobi Black Edition (SOLD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Long story short, my Wife and I are expecting our first child early next year, and one thing I pre-negotiated is to NEVER have to sell my bike in exchange for having a kid, so luckily for me, I get to keep my 990 Adventure, but this does mean that I have to make some sacrifices on all the bling I bought with it in May 2013.

Since buying my bike, and fully financing all the bling with it, I am now selling my unused Panniers and Top Box, and a whole lot of the stuff.
If I had the option, I would sell the Top Box and Panniers as a set to one buyer, because it's a lot harder to sell stuff individually.

I bought these from Ian Hudson at KTM RADMOTO and honestly, since buying the bike, I have NEVER used these.
I have however used my TopBox on the odd occasion, but I preferred to always keep my bike light, and mainly used a soft bag on the luggage rack, and a Tank Bag.

If anyone is interested, please note the prices of what these things cost, and then below is the price I want for them, but I am slightly open to negotiating.

By the way, these are NOT only compatible with KTM, you can check Hepco & Beckers website, the mounting hardware will be unique to my 990 Adventure, but you can also get the mounting for many other adventure bikes.

Prices if bought new: R14 907

Top Box: R3585 inclusive of VAT
Top Box mounting plate: R840 inclusive of VAT

Panniers: R6 984 inclusive of VAT
Pannier mounting hardware: R3 498 inclusive of VAT

Prices I want for everything: R11 500

Top Box: R2500
Top Box mounting plate: R500

Panniers: R6 000
Pannier mounting hardware: R2 500

That's a R3407 saving, and when I say I look after my stuff, I really do, come have a look at them if you are interested.
I'm willing to consider a round number of R10 000 for the whole lot of you buy everything together, but I am not so keen on selling everything individually.

The Marketing Mumbo Jumbo:

Extremely durable .  Flexible and unbreakable in use.  We guarantee 100% water resistance for the top loading concept of the side box (37 litre capacity) and the top case (42 litre capacity).  All locks have a cylinder locking mechanism.  The "Gobi Black edition" cases are made of a double-skinned, black & silver coloured shock resistant artificial material which is extremely robust, water-proof and may absorb any shock without any consequences for your journey.  It combines the look of an aluminium-made case and the advantages of a case made of artificial material.  There is another further hidden advantage: the space between the internal and external shell offers room for approx 3.5 litres of liquid.  With the use of a tap the contents of this "mobile water reservoir" can be removed in a user-friendly manner.  The Gobi Black Edition panniers also come complete with the luggage hold down loops already fitted to lids.

Gobi is the answer to all your adventuring needs. These top cases have an impressive 42-liter interior capable of holding a full size helmet and more! The weight resistance is an impressive 100kg. Manufactured from impact resistant, through-colored plastic, the Gobi is extremely resilient, waterproof and absorbs impacts and scuffs without trouble. It unites the looks of an aluminum case with all advantages of a plastic case. The outside and internal luggage walls are honeycombed together enhancing the strength of the case. The smooth inner surfaces make it possible to store your gear without worry of damage. The Gobi is in the true sense of the word a “top-loader” with sturdy metal locks so that your belongings don’t fall out when opening, a hinge from chain fabric, and a metal carrying handle. Strap loops and water taps are an additional option allowing you to get the most out of your adventure.

Panniers215.jpg

Panniers216.jpg

Panniers217.jpg

Panniers218.jpg

Panniers219.jpg

Panniers220.jpg

Panniers221.jpg

Panniers222.jpg

Panniers223.jpg

Panniers224.jpg

Panniers225.jpg

Panniers226.jpg