Hexcode GS-911 Diagnostic tool - worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xavier

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
This is a thought I have been toying with for a while now - Is it worth having (read Investing) in this tool?
copy2_of_copy_of_GS911m.jpg

https://www.hexcode.co.za/hex/shop

I'm thinking along the lines of: you're  350km from the nearest town, over-border, middle of dessert and she comes to a halt. Phoning for recovery is a tad out of the question (scenario).
You then plug it in, and diagnose the problem. It is not a field fix, you need a new "ignition coil". I'm thinking it will be easier to get an "ignition coil" to you, than arranging a recovery vehicle.

An example as fact: friend of mine 's Father was traveling alone a couple of years ago, in his car, waaayy up north in Namibia. Water pump went with a bang. He phoned the VW dealer in Windhoek for spares. It was then arranged to fly it out to him in a microlight, solely on GPS co-ordinates. Well padded package was dropped, pump replaced, and he continued on his merry way.

So your thoughts on whether it's : Waste of time & money ; False sense of security ; Could definitely work to your advantage in a pickle  ?

Latest posts