Hi All. I'm also 'new' here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPEEDTRIPLE

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 1050 Tiger
Hi all,

I'm also relatively new (have been a 'lurker' here for some time though). 

I've had many bikes over the last 20+ years (incl. various road bikes & quads).

Was looking for something more comfortable (for longer trips) like a dual purpose/dual sport bike that can carry some goodies (and a pillion from time to time).

Rode a few GS1200's, a few V-Stroms, even a Honda Varadero (is that the right name?)
Non of then for me really. Liked the GS800 & HP2 but both are hard quite pricey (and hard to find) secondhand.

Anyway, ended up buying a 2008 'demo' Tiger from the Agents recently. 
This is my 3rd Triumph. Had an '03 Speedtriple 955i and still have an '05 Speedtriple 1050, so I know that 3 cylinder 4-stroke quite well. 

I immediately fitted a Zard pipe (didn't like the stock one) & 2 x new Pirelli Angel ST's.
(Going in for the stage II 'airbox mod' next week).

Done about 2000km+ on her and must admit, so far it's one of the best bikes I've ever owned!! 

Yes, it will never be a GS1150/GS1200 or a KTM, I know, but I'm sure (or hope) for now she will do justice to the need I wanted her.

As a friend said: "They are not made for gravel, but they do gravel". Time will tell how much "off-road" she can handle.

I'm planning a trip in Dec. from CT, to Mosselbay, Wilderness & Plett visiting some mates at various holiday destinations along the coast.
(Got 2 hard box panniers in the deal).

Can't wait... 

Hope to meet more of you on this great Forum soon! 

Rgds,

J.