Hi Everybody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Alan

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
For the past 40 years I have been without a lot of things, I have been without money, without a job, without a wife, without a girlfriend, without furniture. But, never ever without a bike. I have owned many motorcycles in the past, starting with a DKW Hummel and progressing through all the various makes up to super bikes, including Hayabusa's. I now have a naked Hayabusa, fondly known as a B-King.

I also have owned some off/on road bikes starting with a Yamaha DT125, then a IT250, XT500, XR200, XT250 and XR500RE which is what brings me to the Wild Dog forum.

I have been a guest on the forum for months now, enjoying every minute, so decided to acquire an adventure bike. There where a few reasons for getting an adventure bike, the first is me and the old lady want to go do a bit of touring, and one can tour on a B-King, only problem is that what you can fit in your pockets is what you can take with. Then we wanted to do some gravel road riding and expand our world, so purchased us a "Diesel Bakkie, (BMW1200GS).

We are planning a plus minus 8000km ride next year, so will be asking lots and lots of questions later. This coming Sunday we are going on a "Gravel Breakfast Run" lead by Duke 916 on his BMW1200GS ADV. It will be a first for me on the GS and am looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe next week I will do a ride report.

So, Pleased to meet you all.