Hi everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there everyone

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself before diving in to the forum  :) I'm fairly new to adventure riding, and don't currently have a bike of my own. i grew up around bikes, and my dad and his friends were always into their Harleys, and i always thought i was going to be a Harley guy myself.  I'm really into the outdoors and exploring our beautiful country - LOVE the eastern cape! grew up there when i was younger, and down their most holidays  ;D and now based in hot, humid durbz.... it dawned not only on i, but on my dad and his friends that the best way to really explore SA and other parts of Africa on a bike is on an adventure bike! and not so much on a harley.....also, harleys come in a helluva lot more pricey! for the price of an entry level 1200 sportster, It's roughly the same price as on of the bmw / triumph 800s, or ktm CT's Oryx?!

So here i am gents! After reading and following enduro word, dirt and trail, bike SA etc, I've decided to take the plunge, join a forum and learn as much as possible before venturing out, and buying my 1st adventure bike!

Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here!  :)

Thanks again!

Marshy  :biggrin: