Hi from an old rider going nowhere slowly......(East London)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi

I've been a member for about a year, but really don't spend much time in front of a computer, I am mostly out seeing clients, or riding my bike. I've had a lot of bikes, more than 60, been riding a loooong time, my favorite is still my old XT500, which is just so reliable., It has only had tyres, chain and oil over the last 30 years. I ride on the Wild Coast, Lesotho, Eastern Cape, love riding my bike more than anything else. I currently have 6 bikes, 3 XT 500s, a 2008 KLR650, a KDX200, and a XR650R (for sale, it's too tall for me) I feel out of place driving a car, catch myself doing silly things at times....

I am looking forward to riding more and more, ....... I have always wanted to just get on my bike and go with no agenda or end point in sight. Maybe a few weeks will turn into a year, who knows. I did a 10 day trip recently and it was great. I found out that govt campsites are full of grumpy old buggers in caravans, and that back packers are full of people who just want to have fun, and are much younger.

I enjoy really desolate places, I enjoy finding places where there are either no people or simply very few, and places like that still exist. In Sept last year I did a trip into a place where the few local people I met told me that they had not seen whiteys before. No shops, schools, electricity, TV, hospitals, tax, nothing. All I could buy was beer and matches, they do not use loo paper!

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Attachments

• Allan - Bike.JPG
    Allan - Bike.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 127