Hi From Brit Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbags

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello everyone,

I came across the site after a very enthusiastic mate told me about you.

Here's us:

We're Brits in our 50's but still pretty nimble.

The wife and I will come over for about 3 months in 2016, after a month or so in Morocco, to get used to falling off the bike in style.

Wife lived in Cape Town for three years and loved it. Son did school rugby trip there and LOVED IT.

I ride a BMW f800 GS but couldn't find that button on the profile. I've ridden mainly roads around Europe, America, Nepal and Taiwan but love gravel when I find it. We'll be two-up on this trip though so I don't know how much off road we'll manage, unless I can slip away...

We'd love to fly into Kenya, buy a bike and ride down. If that won't work, mooch down from Kenya to RSA, then buy one and ride around.

I want to ride South Africa, watch some Southern Hemisphere rugby, see a boabub tree, cage dive, eat a brai while sinking a beer or two and watch the sun go down over Africa.

I'd love to hear any advice you can give me and I promise not to bore anyone with politics or religion.

Thanks,

G