Honda XR650L.......Bargain/Fake? (with poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XR650L

• Total voters

Buks

Race Dog
Reaction score
:-\ I'm considering a 650 Thumper for DS use, thus the title to this thread. I just specified the XRL, because I like the looks + colour, used to like the Brand and then the XRL seems to be the "Hot Topic" of the day and affordable....
Personally I don't like the looks, suspension nor the performance of the DR, and judging by the experience of 2 friends each having 2010 models, they are not really that bullet proof and the back-up seems questionable and NOBODY wants to buy them from you again!
The KLR is fugly, but seems to be the most complete 650 DS thumper at a reasonable price!
The XT660 R and Z seems good, with the Tenere offering better value than the R, but both are very expensive!
The soon to be released G650GS Sertau seems like a complete option, but what is the price going to be?

Then the XRL, the cheapest one.....or is it?
1. It seems to have the best suspension, BUT the ride hight is ridiculous an leaves you with expenses to alter and challenges not to screw up the handling balance! (for average humans)
2. It comes without a fuel tank  :eek: ::).....more expenses!
3. No rear rack or any provision for luggage - more expenses!
4. Corked-up motor.....more expenses!
5. No wind-protection....OK with me!
6. THEN, it's been marketed by a company with questionable back-up and a "reputation for lowering prices whenever they see fit"!!!
meaning poor resale value!!! :deal:
7. So, is it really good value???

What's your opinion?

Attachments

• Carrots.jpg
    Carrots.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 504