how to beat the boredom of a strike ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadrob

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
well i was in my mate Piets place a while back chewing the fat , and we got to talking about 'little' bikes

I must have let my guard slip , because before I knew it i had purchased a shiny new Suzuki AX 100..

like this

i started riding her to work , quite a challenge as she is 'four down' - so the gearbox had a tough break in ... but what to do with her ..
I have always fancied a little cafe racer , so I experimented with some 'Tomasselli" type bars .... after 2 rides i knew the frame was too small for my frame..

I was left starting at my computer , looking at random photos , when it sprang out at me . Theer he was , my grandfather Harold Beech Royal Inneskilling Fusiliers seconded to Monty's 8th Army in the western desert in 1942 .. post ... DISPATCH RIDER !!!

within seconds the spanners were out , and work commenced .. the first hurdle was paint colour , and how do you find it in a can ( remember this was being built inside my office )   I got lucky at the local mICA , and to say I am overjoyed how matt the finish was would be an understatement !! I settled on a clear overlay though , to try and 'hold the paint'...

here are some pics of the build , and the final product !!!

and ( drumroll) ......................................................

and ( drumroll) ......................................................

and yes , the satchels are genuine SADF issue - mine - !!!

hope you like the results!!