How to make a seat more comfortable - PennyTech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heres a lesson I learned from another KTM950 rider. These seats are desperately hard... and not really meant for touring. Sure, 05 seats are available, and at a cost, which are way more comfortable than the upholstered bricks we usually have.

Now, I got the KTM Gel comfort seat with the bike as an extra - but always preferred the look of the standard seat. What to do? Want more comfort without destroying the seat?

Great - then remove the seat, get a nice drill press going with a suitable sized drill bit, and drill the underneath pan - plastic, and right into the foam, around cm (depending on how deep your foam is) from the top of the seat where you sit.

Drill it, and then sit with a sharp whatzit and remove the foam that you have drilled out. No mess no fuss.

Increase in comfort is a huge amount! And theres no weakening on the seat that can be seen, and I waited to do it until this chap had some real seat time on his. Enjoy!

ps: the large hole in the middle was factory made - very ugly. And I drilled smaller holes as a start, I may increase them shortly.

53167600-M.jpg