How to step up a birthday party.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pongo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I’m not a procrastinator, but th…………. 
Rather late than never. We learned a lot from the WD Forum and though the route we did has already been documented here, I owe fellow dogs. This is my first RR of my first Real Ride. Being a commuter for the past 3½ years, I have never before done more than 300 km at a time. So here goes -

My sister who stays in Windhoek had her fiftieth birthday party the weekend of November 23 last year. My wife was caught up at work and the kids would be writing exams. That made the perfect opportunity for a trip, I thought. My neighbour Raymond did not have a problem with that so planning and packing and re-packing started well in advance. We only had nine days for the trip, which included the weekend’s visit in Windhoek. We have both been to the North back in the days of “Magnus & Kie” tours and we have not seen the South, so we decided to do a shortened version of the “Wham Bam” trip (ride report by Lucky Striker) in reverse. The Forum provided all the information we needed and being new to this we decided to keep to the main routes.

Day 1:

Thursday November 20, 05:15am (11º C in Durbanville), Raymond on Pampoen (1200 GS) and myself on Tor (800GS), ready to go -

01wx1.jpg