Howdy all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distronium

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi

New forum member from JHB. Did not know about this site but three weeks ago me and my buddy had just come off some dirt and were relaxing alongside the tar road leading to Magaliesig and along comes a dude on a 1150 ADV with his significant other. Stops has a smoke and a chat with us and tells me about the forum. Since he was such a friendly fellow I though well that can only mean good things about the forum :)

And here I am.

Been a long time biker (since 1991) but until 2010 was road bikes and track bikes. Unfortunatly had a big get off in 2010 on the track. Once I recovered, decided to change too touring and dirt riding. Bought a new 1200 GSA last year. Done +/- 14000 Kms on it. So thoroughly enjoy touring. Only about 800kms or so of that has been dirt.

Because of the big get-off 2 years ago, shoulders are not what they once were (Especially left shoulder – tore the ligaments) and as I run my own company,  I have to be very careful and although I am enjoying dirt I  take it really slow and really only do nice flat easy dirt roads at this stage, nothing technical.  Although did the ride the dump course (tours for Africa) last year where there was no nice flat road at all to be found!!.  Considering doing the intro from country Trax as well soon. 

Seems like a great forum and have had some good feedback on a tyre choice already.  As things go my one dirt buddy is having a baby soon and the other one immigrated to England so will be looking for new mates as well to do some easy dirt with :)