Howdy chaps (and gals) - Peter here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Jeez - been in IT so long and still get taken aback by these forums.

My first bike (at age 16) was a XT500 while at John Orr Tech in JHB, got stolen, bought XT250 then Suzi GS450 (did not like it at all) then XT550 - sold after bad accident (not my fault - hit by drunk driver outside Brass Bell in Kalkbay in 1987) ... and have been trying to be a "normal" person since then... spending time, energy and money getting pilot's licence (safer up there guys).
After a couple of bike rentals here in the Cape and riding a 50cc Scooter in Jersey 2 years ago.. I finally realised that the "bike-bug" never leaves one's system.

Thank goodness the wife likes bikes and since reaching the mid-life crisis period, she agreed I could get another bike! Ha - and she was going to choose for me.... had to be a Beemer... (she hates the "off-road" look)... visited Waterfront BMW and guess what... SHE FELL IN LOVE... with the Adventure.

Ha - no hard work to convince the missus then! Put name on the looooong list for one... no stock yet! Cash in bank - so now the wait begins for availability.

Have already started planning trip to Europe for a 4-month period - so I hope to lean and glean all the advice I can get from everyone - but please excuse and forgive if some questions painfull!

Absolutely love the forum... have been browsing for past couple of months .... just needed the kick up the but to join.  8)