Howzit guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyades

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hey Guys,

I've been "roof-kyking" on this website for some time now. Joined a while ago, and decided it was time to start typing.

I'm bikeless at the moment  :-[

I started my biking lifestyle in the late 90's with a Honda CB750K, some bikes in between and the last bike I had was a Suzuki TL1000S (didn't like it very much). I learned to ride on a mate's YZ80  and KDX200 off road.

I'm still doing research as to which bike I want to get. I have a lot of respect for the 1150GS & 1200GS bikes, but I don't feel ready for them yet, dunno why, but I don't think they are right for me. Was toying with the idea of getting a KLR, but I will often ride two up, and think it will be uncomfortable for SWAMBO.

More of a dilemma is the fact that I would like to use the bike to commute as well, thus fuel consumption must be good, and services & parts need to be reasonable (unlike the Honda NCX700 - great fuel economy, but terribly expensive services from Honda)

So... no I'm leaning towards the DL 650 V-Strom, seems to be a good package all round.

I do like the Triumph Tiger 800XC as well, but a bit wary?

Anyways, will hopefully have a bike in the next 5 or 6 months, and then hopefully get to see you okes out there...riding.

Cheers
Chris Greyling