HUSKY TE310 NOT STARTING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Recently I got such good advice for my front brakes I am hoping that I can get the some expertise on my Husky. It is a TE310 - last of the red/white ones (2012) I think. It has been really excellent and reliable and only once before has it let me down. But now it does not want to start,

Due to my own stupidity after checking valve clearances (such a schlep on this bike), I forgot to put the exhaust rocker arms down and scored (gouged) the top of the exhaust cam lobes on the shims when I tried to start the bike. (It would not start). After much checking I found my mistake and have just fitted a new exhaust cam and got the right shims in. Valve timing checked OK against TDC. All back together - push the button and it turns over well (and fast) but no start!!!

Check fuel - tank has fuel, fuel is pumping, and if I crank with the throttle open I can small fuel at the exhaust.

Check spark - spark is there but not quite as strong as I am used to on my car.

Take off tappet cover and recheck timing - cam marks correct at TDC.

Back together - pray - push button - spins OK but won't start.

I did turn the engine while the camshafts were out so my question is this! Does the plug fire at every TDC or could i have things 360 degrees out? As far as I can work out it will fire at every TDC.

I did nothing to the generator rotor or stator side but now I am wondering if anything slipped.

Any advice welcomed.