I got a scooter battery for Christmas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
With Heather visiting family, dodging bomb cyclones in Massachusetts, the best way for me to avoid the xmas cheer was to have breakfast at the Woodsman in Sabie.

1671973552028.jpeg

They were open at 20 to eight and extended the usual warm greetings from Christopher and his crew who had a couple of good cups of coffee and the usual excellent Woodsman breakfast.

As I left the Woodsman, on the way to Hazyview, the GS went DEAD and there was a smell of plastic melting.

This was caused by utter stupidity on my behalf.

In July my son came to visit and the battery in this bike failed outside of Witbank. We got a replacement battery but it was an 18AH job and slightly taller than the BMW specified 16AH job.

As left the Woodsman with my lard arse and my tummy filled with a good breakfast, I dropped off the kerb and the height adjustment bar on the BMW seat shorted out the battery.

1671973894709.jpeg

The battery immediately decamped to that big lead acid freak out in the sky.

This was quite a dilemma as the nation has been given an opportunity to drink till Tuesday night and I could be stuck n Sabie until Wednesday morning.

But Christopher saw me dismantling the GS and came over.

He not only allowed me access to his workshop but, after all he other options failed, he removed the battery from his Vespa and gave that to me.

1671974121982.jpeg

Christopher with the Vespa that now is sans battery.

This is a true xmas story of good deeds, full of cheer and going beyond the norm to spread happiness.

Thank you Christopher, this is the very first scooter battery that I have got for xmas, very very well done and very much appreciated.