I would like to introduce myself - Udi from Germany

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Hi all together,

thanks for accepting me as a new member!

I am Ute, a 55 year old lady, from Stuttgart in Germany. The most English speaking people call me Udi, so this became a kind of nick-name to me.

At home I usually drive my BMW R 80/100 GS. From August 2017 until February 2018 I went down to the South of Oman to the border of Jordan. Besides I have a BMW F650 GS and a BMW R 80 G/S.

Just as I arrived home from Dubai by plane (my motorbike took several weeks in a container because it was winter in Europe) a friend asked me if I want to buy a XT 660 R in Namibia together with him…- to make it short: I did it!

Mid of December I will fly to Windhoek and I really don’t know what I will do than because I had a bad accident 2012 and it is not really possible to drive gravel roads… I cannot stand up while driving a motorbike and I have pain all over my body…. – but when I am driving motorbike I can “put them by side”…. To be honest: driving a motorbike is not like before – I am not that fast anymore! In Germany they call me “flowerpicker”.

Do you have any tips for me? I thought perhaps I will go and see the Victoria Falls and afterwards I can drive down to South Africa on the East Coast and up the West Coast….

Is there perhaps someone with similar ideas between mid of December and end of February?

In Europe and Oman I prefer to camp wild but I know in your country I should go onto campgrounds – which will be a new thing for me…. If you know some nice places, let me know!

I would like to get in contact with bikers in your country because very often you can get another view if you meet locals….

There is one problem with the XT 660 R… We didn’t get “the red key” and the other (only) one is not in a good condition. Do you have an idea how I could get 2 working keys?

Is it useful to take a rain-suit with me? I will take my summer-trousers with me – every rain drop will go through…. 

My English is quite poor but I hope you could understand me….

Best regards,
Udi from Germany