Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lime Tree

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I've just got my learner's and have bought an XT350. The value of the bike is minimal compared to the jet set BMWs, KTMs, etc. Obviously I wouldn't want to see it stolen but is theft pretty common? I understand that security measures like disc locks and chains are really only deterrents but are they worth using anyway? Any other suggestions?

What are my responsibilities regarding insurance? Money is a bit LOT of an issue, what with buying the bike, licensing, learner's, safety gear, farkles, etc. I'm a bit naive when it comes to insurance as I've never been involved in an accident that warranted it and have in the past driven a company car. I also think insurance is a bit of a con. "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away."

If I was in an accident and somehow damaged another vehicle, what would my responsibility be? If, say, the accident was my fault would the other motorist's insurance company sue me? It seems that accidents between insured motorists are just catalysts for their respective insurance companies to commence battle.

Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks in advance.