Interphone F4 bike to bike intercom motorcycle two way radio communication

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oo7

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I spotted this being advertised in one of the ad's above here on WD's.

Clicked through to the website (https://www.bike2bike.co.za/bike2bike.asp) and note, among others, the following (what seems to be very impressive) features:

- Receive, initiate and reject mobile phone calls by voice control;
- Bike-to-Bike communication up to 500 metres (IN OPEN FIELD)
- During the usage of the GPS paired with this F4 device, it is possible to use a mobile phone if it is paired with the GPS
- Intercommunication up to 180 km/h
- 100 % Waterproof
- Up to 5 hours continuous talk time
- Up to 700 hours in standby
- Complete recharge in 60/90 minutes

Do I understand them right that what they are claiming is that you can take a fully charged, unit, install it in any helmet within 5 mins without permanent damage, then go on a MONTH long trip (OK – 29,1 days) during which time you NEVER have to switch the unit off  (i.e. it can be on stand by mode). During this 700hour trip you can then chat to your tjommie for five full hours while riding at 180km/h’s an hour (just have to make sure you are in an open field within 500m’s of each other) and what’s more if it is raining the unit will function perfectly cause its 100% waterproof (granted the 700hr stand by time will probably reduce exponentially if other functions are used, which is understandable.

You can also get your blue tooth connected mobile phone on this thing and use your GPS, or rather listen to your MP3 stereo.

Then after your trip (i.e once the 700hrs standby time is over) – you can recharge the little meneer in an hour and a half and do all of this all over again.

If all this is true – bliksem – I’ll buy one tomorrow.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? If so, plse let me have your views on this.

One thing – can it be charged while using (i.e while you are riding your bike) or do you have to run the risk in the evening at your campsite in the Gobi desert in the middle of nothing to ruin the bike’s battry while charging your F4?