Intro from Kevin5000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin5000

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi All

I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am a recent convert to the joys of biking and have always fantasised about it. In my 39Th year a friend's father passed away and I bought his BMW K1200 RS 2002 model. As you experts know - that it wasn't the best first bike to buy, but after dropping it a few times I worked it out and really enjoyed the bike - including 2 great trips to Mpumalanga. Then I turned 40 and thought I would treat myself to a birthday present and upgraded to a 2009 1200 GS Adv, which I am in love with.

I'm still an offroad newbie, but I'm getting there and really enjoying both the bike and getting offroad. I'm in Joburg, so I'm never sure where to find good offroad stuff, so mostly I ride out to Magaliesburg and look for sand roads. I recently did the Maanhaarrand road and managed not to come pipe while both the guys with me did, so I was pretty stoked.

I have entered the GS Eco Challenge so I really need to get some sand road practice under my belt.

This forum is really cool and I am astounded at the sense of community - nice work to you all. I have recently bought a Rallye 2 jacket on the forum and have just bought a pair of Santiago boots too. I'm looking for an enduro helmet as well - size 55/56.

So that's me all.

Rock on
Kevin5000