Introducing Joggie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joggiej

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi I am Joggie,

I have been Joggie for about 24 years. Before that I was Jannie. Sometimes I become Jannie again...specially after a few beers. I have always loved motorcycles and my first bike...a 1978 Honda 550 (I think) R450.00 I got without my parents knowledge. After that I had a Kawa Z750 and then in 1996 I got a candy apple red Kawa ZX7 Ninja (grey import had lots of problems with the grey import) lost it because of financial issues during the previous interestrate hike. In 2000 I got a BMW F650 GS. Did some 36000 km's on it before I traded it on a BMW F650GS Dakar in 2003. I ahve done 112000 km's on the Dakar of wich about 100000 is Ben Schoeman to work and back. The 36000 on the previous beemer was also to work and back, accept for an Iron Butt that I did from Pta back to Pta over Middelburg, Richardsbay, Durban, Mooiriver, Harrismith, Clarens and then home.

I have been to Mozambique and Lesotho on the Dakar.

I now own a new BMW F800GS and it is a great bike.

I dont know when I started hovering between Jannie and Joggie. I think it was one of the 2 accidents I had on the 2 kawas.

I also dont know when you become a biker...after how many km's or after how many accidents or after how many accidents?

greetings to all my fellow motorbike riders.

Joggie/Jannie