INTRODUCTION TO JIMBO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
Hello Riders,

Forum name JIMBO.  I live and work in Fourways, but get out of town whenever I can, with whoever will come with me, by bike of course. 

I registered on W.D. some time back, but remained dormant.  Two weeks back I met Dr. KLX and his rangers at Shiyalongubu dam and chatted a bit of bike stuff.  This prompted me to to participate.  It looks like self introduction is the norm. 

I have 7 D.S. type bikes (Used to have superbikes, but they are gone now).

XT250:  Is a girl bike named Yammi, and lives in Brisbane with my little daughter, they go to university together.  Yammi and myself have been all over Australia including the Simpson Desert. 

KRX300: Is a boy bike called Grubby.  Stays in Sydney.  I ride Grubby twice a year, usually as far west as we can get from Sydney. 

XR400: No name, but lives in Dar es Salaam.  Last trip to Northern Kenya and around Tanzania.  Has not been used for two years. 

DR350: My favourite.  She is a girl bike called Suzy.  Together we have been to Kenya and Uganda, and on a seperate trip up the Zambezi as far as you can go into Angola.  We also did the Easter desert run this year.  Suzy is a good girl, and lives at Fourways. 

KDX200: He is a boy bike named Kwakkie, and is a real delinquent.  Likes to rev, spin, scratch and kick, hates everyone.  We go to De Wild or Maraisburg every Saturday with a bunch of KTMs when I am in town. 

DR650: Is also a boy bike called Djulie.  Djulie is only 18 months old and has not done much.  We did the Kruger Park fence last May, 3 days.  Djulie shows great potential.  He lives at Fopurways, but sleeps around. 

KLR650: Is a neuter named Kanelly, 2009 model.  Kanelly has taken lady friend and self to Wakkerstrom + the passes, Thabazimbi (Rakins pass) and Barberton where we met the ranger bikes.  I can not fault Kanelly yet.  Lives mostly at Fourways. 

I am usually the oldest and slowest of my ride group.  I am happy to ride with any group that will wait for me now and again, or ride alone.

Thank you for your attention. 

Jimbo.