It's a bit of Duits-Wes now or never

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorsland

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
This time next week I'll be 60 and a few days. For too many years now I have been threatening to attend the Koës Rally. Also bemoaning the fact that it has been too many years since I have visited this unique country in which I spent so much time long ago.

So yesterday, I thought, screw it, it's now or never.  Well, maybe not never, but the window for a solo bike trip on fairly remote dirt roads is narrowing too rapidly for my liking.  My long suffering wife was almost more excited than I was last night when I broached the subject with her.  (I think she might be gatvol of me  8) ).  She will hold things on the straight and narrow here on the farm while I'm gone.  :biggrin:  Yesterday we finished our autumn kidding season and all went smoothly.

So I reckon within the next 2 weeks or so I'm off.

I need advise from the langpad veterans here please [member=1597]DUSTRIDERS[/member] , [member=8601]Vis Arend[/member] , [member=5078]Mother[/member] , [member=8103]Ian in Great Brak River[/member],  [member=283]Rexc-w[/member]

See my route here below.  Too little of Nam, too short for a PROPER Duits-Wes trip but it's going to be lekker. 

* Camping will be lekker cold, take my camping stuff along or not?  I want to travel as light as possible and affordable B+Bs are within reach of my budget.  Does take away some of the adventure though.
* Anything I should be aware of with regards to my planned route?  Different colours are days.  Thought I'd spend 2 nights at Ai-Ais. I read somewhere the sate of repair leaves something to be desired.  Other recommendations are welcome.
* What are the (ridiculous) Covid Shmovid requirements for cross border entry and return RSA/SWA?

And lastly,

* What is the meaning of life?  :lol8:

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 299