JHB - New Member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderBearer

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Good day fellow Wilddog’s

My adventure started 3 years ago when I bought my first motorcycle. Obviously, I was a complete newbie to the whole biking experience thing as I had never owned a bike before.

Brief history:
It was a Wednesday afternoon, and I was stuck in the normal bumper to bumper Johannesburg traffic…
I was so gatvol of traffic, that I decided to take the next off-ramp where I had an epiphany. What I needed most in this world was a motorcycle!

Well, about a week later I was the proud owner of a Dakkar 650GS! Man, it felt good. ;D Unfortunately, I did not have a Learner’s Licence yet, so my bike stood in the garage for about 2 weeks. Don’t worry, my bike wasn’t lonely, as for those two weeks I stood in the garage too and stared at it longingly.  :mwink: But the day finally came, and I was “road-legal” 

That’s when I started commuting to work on the bike. It was brilliant, but there was still something missing.
And that’s when I came across the Wilddogs website and I was in awe! After a view ride reports, I was drooling…. Now the only thing I needed most in this world was to go off on a road trip!

I managed to arrange my first trip for September 2009 – Lesotho’s Sani pass (up only  :)) – and as they say, the rest is history!
But it only gets better. Last year I traded  the Dakkar and got an F800GS. I’m still not used to the “wow” factor of the 800 but I’m planning a lot of off-roading in the near future so still have a lot to learn.