Jo Rust at Flying Brick store Friday, 25 July 2014 from 14H00 onwards. PIC ADDED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
8 Shropshire Street, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town
Bike
BMW (all models)
JolandieRust (Jo) will be visiting the Flying Brick store in Paarden Eiland on Friday, 25 July 2014 from 14h00 onward. Come in and chat with her, learn and support this formidable lady! Watch out for more posts relating to rides that weekend as Jo is riding for and supporting #CANCERVIVE!

From Jo on her adventurous nature and spirit…
“The BIG One” – Circumnavigating Africa, is the dream that I’ve been eating, sleeping and drinking since end 2007.
On 27 April 2011 I finally had launch from Cape Town (South Africa), in the hope of fulfilling my dream. A beautiful day.
Before then I had cycled through and around South Africa in the hope of raising enough awareness around my goal for potential sponsors to get involved.
2004 – Cycled through Israel.
2008 – Cycled Johannesburg to Cape Town – Solo.
2010 – First person to cycle around South Africa – Solo. Just short of 6000 Kilometers in 100 days.
After launching from Cape Town to fulfill my dream of circumnavigating the African continent, the journey consisted of:
* Falling ill on the first day.
* Having to fly back from Namibia to sort out my Angolan visa.
* Meeting countless caring, interesting, loving souls.
* Wild camping in trenches, under bridges, in the Angolan bush.
* Cycling between 50 – 100 kilometers a day
….and being attacked in Northern Angola. Four young machete wielding boys took my bicycle (Luna) and most of my gear. Left me standing next to the road with a few options:
1. I can now WALK around Africa.
2. Walk back, get home, start over.
I opted for option Nr 2.
Though the Angolan Government wasn’t going to let me walk home. No, they swooped me up. Flew me around. Made sure I got back home safely. And they became the main sponsor on my journey around Africa!
My journey is one of determination and endurance. Of never giving up on my dream and hoping to inspire others to do the same. I have this life once – best I live it...

Attachments

• Jo Rust route.jpg
    Jo Rust route.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 620