Join us for 7 days of "Dirt Bike" riding on the Transkei Wild Coast : 2 options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GK

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
A group of us "Dirt bike" (Plastic bikes) Riders from Cape Town (some of us with partners) are going up to the Transkei Wild Coast for a week of fun riding. While there we are taking part in a "FUNDURO" being held at Trennerys Hotel.

If you have never visited or ridden in the Transkei this is the perfect opportunity to ride some of the best terrain you can dream of.

Here are the details and costs.

We will leave from Cape Town towing our bikes(you leave from wherever you are) on 28th May overnighting in PE. (Approximate cost R500.00PP)

On the 29th we drive to Trennerys Hotel crossing the Kei River by Pont at Kei Mouth. Check in at the Hotel on a DB&B basis. Cost R495.00 per person sharing.

30th May we ride the Trennerys "Funduro" (Cost R200.00) then overnight again here. Cost R495.00 per person Sharing

While at Trennerys my good friend Dean who has been in the Transkei for years (and is the Chef at Kob Inn Hotel and knows the area like the back of his hand) will join us. He has agreed to take leave to guide us on the most amazing dirt bike riding you can wish for. Nothing hectic but just really great challenging riding. Dean is doing this for us for free but I have offered him a set of tyres for his KTM 300 for showing us what the area has to offer.

31st May Dean will lead those of us who do not have to drive our vehicles from Trennerys to Kob in with some stunning riding, river crossings, single tracks, etc. If you are on your own you will need to drive your vehicle to Kob Inn.

In the afternoon of 31st May we arrive at Kob Inn and check in. Here we stay on a full board basis (Dinner, Bed, Breakfast & Lunch). Here we stay until the morning of the 6th June when we return to our homes. Cost here is R600.00 per person per night sharing. Kob Inn has petrol, a workshop and bike cleaning facilities (water availability permitting)

From Kob Inn we will do daily out rides (weather permitting) led by Dean, some days we will have 2 rides. I was here over Xmas and I can assure you that the riding and scenery are fantastic. Our average ride time was was between 3 and 4 hours.

To make it manageable we are only taking 15 riders.

Should you want to bring your partners along with you I am sure that they will have a great time. Kob Inn amongst other things offers Horse riding and kids under 10 stay free.

https://www.kobinn.co.za/

https://www.trennerys.co.za/

This is not a commercial venture.

If you are interested please let me know [email protected]

Geoff Russell