Join us for the ride of your life: Transkei dirt (plastic) bike ride : 31/5-6/6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GK

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
There have been requests to shorten the duration of this ride.

Original dates were 28/5 - 6/6. Due to requests I have shortened it to 31/5 - 6/6 thus leaving out the Trennerys leg of the ride. This also means only 5 days leave needed as opposed to 7. The riders will meet at Kob Inn on Sunday 31st May. There is only about 40 kms of Dirt road driving from the village of Willowvale to Kob Inn.

The shortened dates cuts the cost to R3600.00 PP all meals included from Sunday lunch to the following Saturday breakfast. This you pay directly to the hotel.

Only other cost regarding the ride is a contribution to a set of Tyres for our guides 300KTM. He is taking leave over the period and the tyres are his payment. He lives at Kob Inn so knows the area extremely well.

We will more than likely take a day ride to Trennerys and back to Kob Inn again.

I had numerous requests about the difficulty of the rides (what type of experience is needed) and the age group of the riders.

I guess that most "average" riders or "weekend warriors" and riders that take part in "Funduro's" will be fine. The idea is not to kill ourselves but to have challenging riding that will test our riding ability but the emphasis is on "fun" riding. But that you will sweat your backside off is a given.

Average age I guess is about 50 or so but all have extensive off road (not necessarily racing) riding experience. I am 61.

If you are from CT you will more than likely be able to share transport costs there and back with the other riders.

Remember also that partners/kids are also welcome.

There is still space available.

Thanks

Geoff