just a quicky.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurika

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
This shows that even a short half day ride, can hold so much joy, discovery and rest…with the bikes and a bag..and the open road….and a great companion. I  just love this lifestyle

After so many false starts, Sweetspot and I  decided to extend GruntsHeidelberg Newbie run to a weekend one- nighter…  

Saturday morning I got the worried call from Speetspot, his bike won’t start…while he was saying this, it started….I got a call 10 minutes later, it was cutting out….He phoned Northside BMW and the bike and Sweetspot were collected….I met him at the dealership, and after an hour of drinking their excellent coffee, we were on our way…a half a day already gone….
Keeping  this in mind..we slabbed it to Heidelberg, with the intention of wipping out the laptop, and finding accommodation there….we saw a cool pizza place and settled down for a few ales, and a good google….an old man and his dog walked pass, Sweetspot called him over and we spent the rest of the afternoon chatting to the old Greek man, and his beautiful Great Dane…feeding it bits of pizza off the table and telling us his life stories and travels…. A great afternoon….
At  4 we started for the farm we managed to book…Klipkraal…35 km out of town…on some dirt…she was apologetic because the roads were in a terrible state…we were more than happy to hear that….
Got lost..phoned, laptop out…google…phoned ….found the farm…met some excellent accountants on a weekend party…whoot whoot….wrong farm….
Eventually after some effort we found the old farmhouse….delightful….large , low many bathrooms, kitchen and 4 bedrooms…
R180 a head..including some firewood and charcoal…we walked around the farmyard as the sun set…it was so peaceful….sunset was beautiful and we braaid some chops and drank a bit…..
Lights out and ready for the newbie ride in the morning….
Here are some pics….short and sweet I thought….

[/img]
IMG_3563-1.jpg

]https://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx72/adstyle/IMG_3563-1.jpg[/img]
IMG_3589-1.jpg

IMG_3576_1-1.jpg