Just can't get enough of this route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winters

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
A few weeks ago I posted a ride report ‘Relegating 2SD back to his Yamaha for a day’ and although I tried to explain the route, never put a map up of it. The weekend of the 11th of July a friend of mine who originally told me of the route, but had never ridden it himself asked if I was keen to go do it again. And seeing that it is such an awesome route, I was more than willing to go.

So here is some more info on it. I’ll be trying to convey it by using the yellow markers on the picture below.

• The start and end point for us was Mossel Bay.
• We headed out to Hartenbos and followed the R328 towards Brandwacht.
• At the marker that says, “Left turn just before Brandwacht”, we turn left onto a gravel road. Note that after the turn off you will immediately encounter a fork in the road, so take the left. The coordinates for the marker is Latitude: 34°3’39.01”S and Longitude: 22°3’40.40”E
• Marker 4, with coordinates, Latitude: 33°58’7.47”S and Longitude: 21°58’5.00”E, is where you will find the turn off to Bonniedale Farm.
• Marker 5 is Bonniedale Farm with coordinates, Latitude: 33°52’24.64”S and Longitude: 21°51’41.75”E
• Marker 6 is on a section of road that according to Google Earth is an unknown road, but it is basically one gravel road and you can’t really get lost. Coordinates are , Latitude: 33°52’56.36”S and Longitude: 21°46’36.36”E
• Marker 7 is at the T-junction that connects you with the R327
• Marker 8, with coordinates, Latitude: 33°59’31.99”S and Longitude: 21°46’58.90”E, is the turn off just before Herbertsdale, heading towards Gondwana Nature Reserve.
• At marker 9 you will find yourself at the gates of the reserve, which you can drive through as it is a public road.  Coordinates, Latitude: 34° 1'28.73"S and Longitude: 21°53'54.11"E.
• Continue through marker 10 the southern gates of the reserve to marker 11 the T-junction on the R327. Left here takes you back to the N2.

Attachments

• Outride.jpg
    Outride.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 520