Karkloof Push Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
A group of KZN WD's have been getting together and drinking over the last few weekends, so this last weekend we decided to do a short ride before the drinking started. This is not a proper Ride Report, not enough pics for that, but will post the few that were taken.

Dirty Boy on his KLR and Essbee on his KTM came up to Pmb from Durban and met up with Slashback and me on our KLR's, IanB on his KTM and Wooly Bugger on his GS.

We headed out of town on dirt towards Albert Falls Dam, then turned off into the plantations on a track that I have ridden a few times before. The track winds up through the plantations until it crosses over the top of the Southern side of the Karkloof escarpment.

Kark1.jpg

Everything was going great, all enjoying ourselves, until we came across a bit of mud:

Kark2.jpg

It had rained the previous night and the track had been churned up by the forestry tractors.

Slashback and I giving EssBee a push through the mud:

Kark3.jpg

Slashback:

variousFB043.jpg

variousFB042-1.jpg

variousFB044.jpg

Slashback coming back to help:

mud1.jpg

IanB showing us how its done:

variousFB020.jpg

variousFB045.jpg

variousFB046.jpg

EssBee and me:

variousFB019-1.jpg

We got all the bikes through after a bit of a sweat, the temperature was in the low 30's, but with all the moisture the humidity was throgh the roof.

At the top of the hill WoolyBugger  was finished, manhandling his heavy GS through the mud had taken it's toll:

variousFB021.jpg

We then went down into the Karkloof Valley, stopped for a beer at the Karkloof Club where a horse event was taking place.

From there we went back into the forestry areas and right to the top of the Northern side of the Karkloof, along paths and forestry tracks. No more photos from here on, the riding was too good and we were having far too much fun.

PS - All pics (except the last one), taken by WoolyBugger.