Katse Dam Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biza

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Please be warned whenever you want to visit Katse.

We were a group of 22 people, 12 bikes visiting Katse. We stayed over last night in the houses at Orion Hotels (Katse Lodge). Everything went well, except for an ANTI CLIMAX last night when some of us were robbed.

At 00h30 a beloved Lesotho citizen, dressed exactly as the security guards decided it was time to help himself to some of our belongings. First he stole all my tools from my 'Goose Tubes', then he tore open my locked Crashbar bag (obtained from Goose) and emptied it. After that he entered one of the houses where some of our buddies were asleep (with his own key), stole R1 600 out of a wallet and a bike key. When Dawie woke up the beloved citizen ran off through the door he unlocked and jumped the gate. He was chased by Dawie and Kobus but got away.  Luckily the bike key was later found. The police was only notified by the Hotel management this morning, took us more than an hour to explain over and over what happened and what was missing and also to assist in the spelling of words to complete a statement.

Please be warned.

Well, Katse will not see me again.