Kawasaki KLE 500 - a good allrounder!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julius caesar

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Today I had to go check a mountainbike race route and because my Honda 200 is kaput I used my recently acquired KLE 500.

Apart from losing the front end a couple of times and bottoming out the front forks I thought it was very handy. There's enough power to keep the front light over muddy sections and I was starting to have fun on it .... but luckily I got to the end of the route before I ran out of talent.

The terrain was mainly dirt roads with a bit of jeep track and a fairly loose and rocky climb ... i.e nothing too technical, but I was impressed with how easy the bike was to ride off road. I expected it to be more of a handfull, but I think it is a very good all rounder as long as you remember its not a snappy 2smoke nor a high reving multi.

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted the KLE or a road bike as the primary purpose is a commuter. I looked at an ER5 for R20k but it was knackered then I saw an ad for this .... got lied to and ripped off, but now (after R6k) I'm happy with it and not sorry I bought it!

Latest posts