• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kawasaki KZ440 limited 1981 Cafe Racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DefosReffos

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi everyone!

I know this forum is primarily for offroad bikes but I want to give it a try nevertheless. I am selling my 1981 KZ440 ltd. since it catches dust and I want to make room for new projects (my Africa Twin RD03 is due for a rebuilt) In addition to this, I am too tall and heavy to actually ride the bike comfortably (I am almost "6'6 @105kg) I know, I know, … won't make that mistake again ;D

The Kawa was rebuilt entirely from scratch with lots of time and dedication. I have spent a lot on parts, most of them went into the engine. After over 400km the engine is run in and ready for a new (shorter and lighter) owner. I hope the pictures speak for themselves. I tried posting on Facebook and Gumtree, but no luck as of yet.

• Top-end and bottom-end rebuilt
  • 473 km since rebuilt
  • Carburettor rebuilt, balanced and jetted
  • Brand new Motobatt battery
  • LED in-frame rear brake light and indicators
  • LED in-handlebar front indicators
  • RFY rear shock absorbers
  • Yamaha spoked rims + drum brakes
  • Tires 100%
  • Custom stainless steel exhaust
  • Custom leatherwork on seat, handlebar and battery case
  • New wiring all around
  • Will come with new white exhaust wrap since the current one is a little dirty
  • Asking R34000

The bike is registered in my name but the license is behind since it has been stored in my workshop. I know the pain of standing in the queue at the traffic department, so I will get that sorted for the new owner and pay for someone to take care of the license and to put the bike in your name. (Looking at you, [member=1090]JustBendIt[/member]  ;D )

The bike is standing in Ndabeni, Cape Town, and is ready to be taken for a test ride.

Details are best discussed over the phone, so give me a shout: 063 674 1077

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sascha

Latest posts