Kei Mouth to Mazeppa Bay Sunday ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
JMOL, KALLY, KEIRIDER, ARENDE, Spoedvark JUSTIN (NON DOG), set off from the pont at Kei Mouth just after 9 on Sunday morning.
Spoedvark struggling a bit with back problems, but in true Wild Dog fashion decided it was not going to stop him.
Great uneventful ride to Mazeppa Bay Hotel. Rumors were that they did not allow bikers in to the grounds. Well that could not be further from the truth, they welcomed us with open arms, and bikers are more than welcome there, very friendly, nuf said.
Had  great toasted samies and a cold beverage, in really stunning surroundings.
On the way back Spoedvark got a flat wheel, pumped it with a few bombs but kept going flat. Kally takes out his foam can and "pumps" up the wheel. Few hundred meters further on we stop, wheel flat again. Spoedvark decides he will give it a try only to discover Kally had inflated the tyre with the safety cap still on, safety cap off and Bob's your uncle tyre inflated, oh well we all make mistakes.

At Kentani we decided to head for Butterworth then dirt from there. In Butterworth Spoedvark decided to head home on the tar in case tyre gave more problems.
Kally, Jmol and I carried on, on the dirt, as it was starting to get late we also eventually headed for the tar as soon as we could. We said cheers to Jmol at the Kei Mouth turn off a bit more diry for us. I said cheers to Kally at the Morgan Bay turn off. My mouth was very dry and dusty as I entered Kei Mouth so decided to wash it away with one or two cold ones at the Bushpig. Great ending to a good days riding. Thanks guys.

Other guys on the ride please feel free to add to this post.

This will be a good ride for the Dogs to do at the Bash.

Attachments

• Mazeppa Bay3.JPG
    Mazeppa Bay3.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Mazeppa Bay7.JPG
    Mazeppa Bay7.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 292
  • Mazeppa Bay12.JPG
    Mazeppa Bay12.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Mazeppa Bay13.JPG
    Mazeppa Bay13.JPG