Kids bike - What and What Not? Any good deals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooies

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I would like to introduce my boys (10 & 8 years old), and sometime later my daughter, to motorcycling. I have been playing with the idea for a long time and by chance I came across a family where mom is the main motorcyclist (enduro only), and she tried to get her son and daughter involved but they have shown zero interest. Therefore a trailer is now up for grabs, as is a small, but very neat Husky TC50, and some kit.

I am picking up the trailer this evening and I am considering the bike. Buuuuut, unfortunately the little bike has no papers. I have no trust issues with the seller, its a solid family that I am dealing with.

But what are all the pitfalls with this bike:
1. I am getting it at what I think is a discount, but obviously I am going to have trouble selling it myself, and might have to take a good knock.
2. Insurance - a problem.
3. I am always mindful that someone somewhere has the papers, and it for some reason gets reported as stolen.
4. Following from the above, nothing then probably stops the title holder of just taking the bike.

Guess I am answering my own question here, but would to here your thoughts. Is possible to trace the current owners and how much hassle it is to get it onto my name.

So, if the above doesn't work ... if you do know of a good deal on a starter bike for small boys let me know. (y)(y)