Kids on sccoters with no safety gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Not so sure if it is like this in the rest of SA but here in PE it is horrific to see how many young kids/adults are driving around on scooters with no protective gear other than a compulsory helmet. I have seen guys in shorts and slops & girls with sandals, minnies and strappy tops and I see horrible visions and read horrible facts..

Good friend of mine, fellow biker and doctor/ anethatist showed me the damamge not wearing protective gear especially on a scooter can do and I was horrified to see another young life ruined, with an 18yr old guy who was hit by a security vehicle and ended up loosing his leg. Now I'm certain he would have broken his leg, but loss of the leg due it being ripped apart would certainly have not occured had he been wearing proper gear.

My questions are:

- Should the parents who buy these scooters be responsible (to a degree), as I'm sure the kid asks for a scooter and gets that and a helmet and more often than not no other protection, maybe ignorance?
- Should protective clothing be made law to wear?