Killer Speeds...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevedW

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
In traffic, or on public roads high speed or speed unsuited to the conditions is a killer and it saddens me that there are so many people on our roads with no consideration for their own, or anyone elses safety.

Having been involved in a near fatal accident five years ago (got hit by a car that was doing way over the speed limit) and I see it everyday on the highway. Bikes, buses, cars and trucks are all guilty.

It is easy to ride fast in a straight line but there are other road users and speed limits are here for a reason. The sooner they are obeyed by everyone the better off we will be. Unfortunately safety is only a minor reason why speed limits are enforced, rather speed is seen as a source of revenue for authorities. Have you ever seen a police set up a trap on a twisty road over a mountain pass that requires a certain degree of skill to negotiate quickly?... Nope, nor have I!

I'm not perfect and find it satisfying finding the right line through a series of corners but yesterday I almost hit the side of a Kangoo (or similar van) when a prick delivery driver decided to take a shortcut and go the wrong way around a traffic circle..... end of rant!!